We noticed there is a ticket fee for the Sunday Beach run this year why is that?
This year’s Beach Run ticket price includes a Breakfast BBQ, Lunch BBQ, 2 raffle tickets and a limited edition Go Topless Day 2018 Decal. We think $10 for all that is a pretty good deal. The small ticket price of $10 per vehicle (regardless of no. of occupants) also helps us cover insurance and other costs on the day.
If I purchase a Kenilworth Camping Ticket does this include the Sunday Beach Run?
What are the payment methods for purchasing Tickets?
Bank Transfer is the only method, we have chosen this method as it allows us to process the transactions at zero cost for both participants and JeepFreakz QLD.
Can I purchase Tickets on the day / weekend?
No, unfortunately we need to lock in numbers prior to the event for many reasons. These include catering, QLD State Government Permits and General Logistics. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the event. Raffle tickets and other items will be though.
Can I just do the Friday Night and Saturday Kenilworth Forest Runs and not the Sunday Beach?
Yes, however we would encourage everyone to do the beach run if they can. This is the world famous part of the event. Please note – Ticket Prices will be the same.
What Meals are included with the Kenilworth Camping Tickets?
We will provide a USA style BBQ on the Saturday night. For all attendees there will also be the Sunday morning and Lunch BBQ’s as part of the Beach run. Friday dinner, Saturday Breakfast and Lunch are to be organized yourself. We would encourage everyone to visit the Famous Kenilworth Bakery, Cheese Factory and other local businesses. All of these are a 200m walk from the showgrounds.
I am Vegetarian / Vegan will you have options available?
Yes we will, but we ask that you please advise us prior to the event when booking your ticket or via email so that we can cater for you and have enough on hand.
Is there an age limit for attendees?
Whilst we will not be imposing an age limit, for those participating in the Kenilworth Forest Runs we would remind everyone that off-road driving can be at times an activity that involves increased risk. We would ask participants to take this into consideration when deciding who is in the vehicle with them.
What is the track grading of the Kenilworth Forest Runs?
There will be 3 levels of difficulty across a range of tracks. But please note participation will be at the Trip Leaders discretion.
- Easy – These tracks will generally be very easy and good basic knowledge and some experience will be needed.
- Medium – A reasonable level of previous experience. Minimum vehicle equipment – no standard highway tyres
- Hard/Night Run – These tracks will have technical difficulties and will require previous experience to participate. Minimum vehicle equipment – no standard highway tyres, winch and/or diff locks, minimum 2 inch lift. Sufficient Lighting (If doing the Friday night run only)
What facilities are available at Kenilworth Showgrounds?
- Most camp sites are powered and watered however some are not. These sites will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Toilets, Clean Water and Coin Operated Showers ($1 coins)
- Campfires in Supplied Rings Only
Can I leave my camping gear/caravan/camper at the showgrounds on the Sunday whilst we do the beach run.
Yes we have the park booked until mid-afternoon on the Sunday. So after the beach run you can swing past and collect your gear.
Can I stay longer at Kenilworth Showgrounds
Yes, we have the Showgrounds booked from Friday 18th May Afternoon until Sunday 20th May afternoon. If you wish to stay longer either prior or after the event you are certainly welcome too and just need to pay the caretakers for this separately
Can I bring or drink alcohol? It goes without saying drugs of any kind are strictly prohibited.
Yes, however the following conditions will apply.
- No opened alcohol in any vehicle during any part of the event at any time. (This includes all passengers)
- No consumption will be permitted prior to the Friday Night run.
- No consumption will be permitted until you have signed off from the Saturday runs.
- No consumption outside the Showgrounds boundaries.
- No consumption on the Sunday at all.
- If a trip leader is aware of excessive consumption the previous night you will not be permitted to participate in the event.
- Any participant who does not adhere to these rules will be asked to leave. Refunds will not be available.
Do I still need to purchase a Queensland Parks and Wildlife permit for the Beach Run?
Yes, this needs to be arranged for your own vehicle via their website. https://qpws.usedirect.com/qpws/
Do I still need to pay for the Noosa Barge for the Beach Run?
Yes, this needs to be arranged for your own vehicle on the day. (Cash only $7 each way)
Should I bring cash along?
Yes, there will be a few things where having cash will be handy such as purchasing raffle tickets, coffee from the coffee cart, Noosa North Shore Barge and Coins for the showers at Kenilworth.
What is the minimum equipment I need in my vehicle for the Kenilworth Runs?
Below is our minimum list
- 80 Channel UHF Radio (hand held or in vehicle)
- Snatch Strap
- Rated Shackles
- Rated Vehicle Recovery Points
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Recovery Trax (recommended not required)
- Shovel and Axe (recommended not required)